The Office of Research Proposal Development (ORPD) provides a range of tailored services to assist faculty in developing federal grant proposals. Please note that proposal assistance is contingent upon availability. Support is provided on a first-come, first-served basis. To request proposal development support, please complete the ORPD Support Request Form.
Project Management: Organize, facilitate, and track proposal development efforts
- Assemble groups of researchers for multi-investigator, center-type funding opportunities and convene team meetings
- Develop proposal preparation timelines with milestones and internal deadlines
- Collect investigator information to assemble biosketches, support statements, etc.
Proposal Development: Help investigators compose compelling and coherent proposals
- Create proposal templates with instructions, tips, and examples
- Assemble letters of support, data management plans, facilities statements, etc.
- Ensure final documents are formatted in compliance with sponsor requirements
- Provide high-level substantive comments, suggestions, and questions on narrative sections to ensure clear, logical communication
- Offer line-by-line revisions and edits to enhance communication of ideas and ensure use of accurate style, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
Project Coordination: Serve as primary point of contact for investigators
- When necessary, conduct internal reviews for limited submissions
- Work with investigators and sponsors to understand requirements and review processes
- Coordinate faculty, administrators, and Sponsored Projects Administration to ensure timely and successful proposal submission
Follow Up: After submission, analyze outcomes of sponsor review
- Provide feedback to investigators and assist with Just-in-Time requests
- Determine ORPD best practices and build on identified strengths